 A student of mine is undertaking a thesis on Margherita Guidacci and
encountering some difficulties with establishing the accurate text of
certain passages. For a start, can anyone confirm, if  the 1993 text of
M. Guidacci's poem "Tomba lucana"  in "Anelli del tempo" has the same
reading as  in Del Serra's "Margherita Guidacci- Le poesie (1999, which
is the only text we have available at presnt? I refer to the lines:

La sente
e forse anche la vede l'avversario
che, giavellotto in pungo (sic), si prepara a vibrare
nei loro volti solo una profonda
attenzione perche' si compia presto
quello che deve compiersi e, in entrambi,
una cosciente tristezza per l'amaro
fato dell'uomo in guerra.

Apart from the obvious misprint, is there perhaps also full stop or
other  punctuation mark, or even further text, after vibrare? Am I
mistaken in believing this infinitive to be intransitive here?

Antonio  Pagliaro

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html