> yeah, for some reason $(X_LIBS) is not defined. did you get errors when
> you ran ./configure ?

No errors as such, but some options (listed below) have not been enabled:

checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for X... (cached) no
checking for XF86VidModeSwitchToMode in -lXxf86vm... (cached) no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for GL/gl.h... (cached) no
checking for GL/glu.h... (cached) no
checking for GL/glx.h... (cached) no
checking for X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h... (cached) no

> i've just compiled freeglut to have a look at what's defined where in
> the makefiles and I get the same line as you but the X11R6 dir is
> correctly defined:
>
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL -lGLU -lXext -lX11  etc
>

> Huw

Cheers
Ruth