Norman

It is AGI that has the <link>trn</link> not PISA.

Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Starlink development [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Norman Gray
Sent: 30 November 2004 17:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PISA link fail

Steve,

On 2004 Nov 30 , at 17.22, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:

> OK, it looks like I have to take into account the <link></link>
> elements in
> the component xml files.

No, you don't have to do that.  pisa declares a

<build option='link'>agi</build>

dependency on agi, meaning that a build of pisa depends on agi and all
of its link dependencies.  You shouldn't follow link dependencies
unless via a build dependency like this.

All this is surprisingly tortuous -- writing GenerateDependencies took
me longer than I expected.  Can I suggest either extending that program
rather than redoing it.  Alternatively, since I know my way around it,
I'd be happy to have it produce another output format -- can you tell
me what format the autobuild dependencies file is in and I can generate
it easily.  I've probably got to leave at six this evening, so if you
can get a spec to me before then I might be able to do it very
promptly.

Alternatively^2, you could reprocess the Makefile.dependencies file,
which already does exactly this sort of resolution.  However given
that, emitting an alternative output format it pretty trivial.

See you,

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk