Steve,

On 2004 Oct 4 , at 13.41, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:

> Is there any documentation on the CEA -- Common Execution Architecture?
>
> How does it differ from say CORBA
> (http://www.omg.org/library/wpjava.html)?
> I assume that the difference is the addition of a parameter system?

I wasn't aware of any documentation, until Mark posted the link earlier
in this thread.

I'd never heard of it.  When Guy was talking about it, he seemed to
suggest that this had been out for eighteen months, and I felt rather
foolish for having missed it so completely.  Since Paul Harrison's
draft is version 0.1, dated 2004-09-27, I don't feel so bad....  Had
anyone heard of it, in contacts with AG?

The CORBA and Subaru link you posted does look interesting.  I'm sure I
heard somewhere that CORBA was out of fashion these days.  Is it
supposed to be very heavyweight, or something?

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk