From: Starlink development [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Norman Gray
Sent: 04 October 2004 15:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: IVOA general notes

David,

On 2004 Oct 4 , at 14.33, David Berry wrote:

>         I see. I thought it may have been a bit of Hindu mythology you
> picked up during the meeting!
>
> David

I hadn't noticed that!  As you suggest, `juggernaut' is Indian,
involving folk being crushed to death; `shibboleth' is a rather nasty
old-testament episode (Judges 12, 4-6) strongly reminiscent of the
`what's the 10th letter of the alphabet?' [*] question, and similarly
suggestive of imminent pain.  Hmm, are we getting a picture here?

Norman

[*] For those of you not brought up in Northern Ireland or its
LIverpool and Glasgow diaspora, the answer `jay' or `jye' indicates
your confessional background as certainly as knowing which foot you
kick with.

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk