Mark,

Sorry Mark, you already posted the link to CEA!

Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Starlink development [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark
Taylor
Sent: 04 October 2004 15:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: IVOA general notes

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Norman Gray wrote:

> Steve,
>
> On 2004 Oct 4 , at 13.41, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:
>
> > Is there any documentation on the CEA -- Common Execution Architecture?
> >
> > How does it differ from say CORBA
> > (http://www.omg.org/library/wpjava.html)?
> > I assume that the difference is the addition of a parameter system?

If nothing else (and there's probably plenty else) it is intentionally
much more restrictive than CORBA.

> I wasn't aware of any documentation, until Mark posted the link earlier
> in this thread.
>
> I'd never heard of it.  When Guy was talking about it, he seemed to
> suggest that this had been out for eighteen months, and I felt rather
> foolish for having missed it so completely.  Since Paul Harrison's
> draft is version 0.1, dated 2004-09-27, I don't feel so bad....  Had
> anyone heard of it, in contacts with AG?

I hadn't seen anything substantive - might possibly have heard some
reference to it, but of so vague a nature that I wouldn't have been
able to state any facts about it (perfect bit of VO technology then!).

Mark

--
Mark Taylor    Starlink Programmer     Physics,  Bristol University, UK
[log in to unmask] +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/