From: Megan McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>

>...the following reference:
> Galterii Cancellarii bella Antiochena, ed. H. Hagenmeyer

i don't know this work, but the author is Heinrich Hagenmeyer (1834-1915), who
was, of course, one of the major German historians working on the Crusades.

it looks to me like Hagenmeyer is re-editing this work, which was published
earlier in the PL, vol. 155, cc. 993-1037, after the yet earlier edition of J.
Bongars (Migne publishes B's introduction, which is in French).

Hagenmeyer's edition will certainly be better as a text and will undoubtedly
have copious notes, of the sort that only German erudition of that period
could produce.

since this is obviously not a book-length work, my guess would be that H.
published it as a long article in a scholarly periodical (i know that he did
that for several of his other editions).

i have access to the digital ed. of the PL and would be happy to pass on a
copy of the full text of Migne's edition, if you would like.

best from here,

christopher

(who just happens to have a little library of works on the Crusades which he
is about ready to get off of, should anyone be interested --off list, of
course.)

Christophr's Book Room
P.O. Box 1061
Bloomington, IN  47402