From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Godfrey Oswald
Sent: 06 October 2004 20:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: London public libraries union catalog

Dear librarians,

First of all, I want to say thank you very much, to all those who sent in
URLs of union catalogs to add to my growing list of global list of union
catalogs at:

http://lwrw.com/union_catalogs.htm

I have been asked on 3 different occassions by U.S. librarians, if there is
a London public libraries union catalog.

Can anyone help here. Perhaps e-mail me the London public libraries union
catalog URL.

I do remember reading in the former "LA Record" about a project (government
funded) to create a union catalog that will provide a single combined access
to all the individual library catalogs in the 32 London boroughs. Am not
sure the project has finished yet.

Thanks in advance for help.

Godfrey Oswald,
London.

http://www.lwrw.com

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

London Borough of Hackney may exercise its right to intercept any communication on its networks - for more information see
http://www.hackney.gov.uk/email_disclaimer.html