Zoback, M. D., C. A. Barton, M. Brudy, D. A. Castillo, T. Finkbeiner, B. R. Grollimund, D. B. Moos, P. Peska, C. D. Ward, and D. J. Wiprut, 2003, Determination of stress orientation and magnitude in deep wells: International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, v. 40, p. 1049-1076.

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Garcia [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 8:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: About Breakout...

Hello,
Try with the following reference:

"Using borehole breakouts to constrain the complete stress tensor: Results from the Sijan Deep Drilling Project and offshore Santa Maria Basin, California"
Zajac, B.J. and Stock J.M., 1997, Journal of Geophysical Research, 102 (B5), 10083-10100

If you have more questions about breakout you can to consult with Cecilia Guzmбn ([log in to unmask]). She is working with breakout data in hers PhD program.

Cheers,

Lic. Vнctor H. Garcнa
Laboratorio de Modelado Geolуgico (LaMoGe)
Departamento de Ciencias Geolуgicas
FCEyN - UBA
Ciudad Universitaria - Pabellуn 2
Ciudad de Buenos Aires - Argentina