        Dear colleagues, have you just rec'd a letter from David Elvidge
(CITB) regarding their inability to record the City and Guilds (MC) exam
achievements that form part of these awards, in the format passed to
them from C&G?

Their system (Phoenix) and C&G's are not compatible, in their wisdom
they have decided to pass this task onto the colleges themselves and in
turn expect our already over burdened assessors and I.V's to produce
more paperwork in the form of a CQS004.

We can't even use a direct route via Phoenix because they obviously
haven't had time to update their sytem.If this isn't bad enough we pay
in advance a registration /unit fees to CITB and an exam entry fee to
C&G.

I found this request absolutely outrageous, and had already let CITB/C&G
know my feelings when a request was made earlier this year to add CITB
registration numbers to C&G paperwork. My own I.V. will be writing a
letter of complaint and I would encourage other Colleges/
assessors/IV's/administrators to do so.

I have no desire to hold up any students results/ overall certification
but there must be a better way and not at the expense of our already
over burdened college administration.

Your views or ideas please.  Jean Bye Deputy Examinations Officer ,
NESCOT

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed.
This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Nescot
College.
If you have received this message in error you are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender of any
errors of transmission.