I hope you will not mind me posting this but I thought some of you may be
interested in the following:

The National Prescribing Centre brings Information Mastery to a UK audience
for the first time

UK readers of leading medical and pharmaceutical journals will be familiar
with POEMS – Patient Oriented Evidence that Matters. For the first time in
the UK, two of the founders of InfoPOEMs, Profs David Slawson and Allen
Shaughnessy, are running two of their internationally acclaimed Information
Mastery courses. These are organised in association with the National
Prescribing Centre (NPC) and will be held on the 17/18th March 2005 in
Warwick and 21/22nd March 2005 in Cheshire.

These streamlined, two-day courses are aimed at any healthcare professional who:

* Struggles to keep up to date with the plethora of published evidence and
information
* Would like to be able to quickly assess whether information is valid and
relevant
* Needs help to quickly find answers to help them care for their patients in
the most effective way
* Wants to develop their understanding of the principles of evidence-based
medicine
* Would like to learn more about using handheld decision support tools.

Attendees will have ample opportunity for interactive discussion in large
and small groups, and will gain experience and skill in understanding the
basics of critical appraisal. Complete teaching materials, including slides
and detailed notes, will be provided and attendees are encouraged to share
this with colleagues after the course.

The feedback from Information Mastery courses held in the USA has been
remarkable:

‘‘This is the one conference that has totally changed my way of thinking
about the way I practise medicine”

Further information and a copy of the registration form can be obtained
electronically, under the events and latest news section on the NPC websites
at www.npc.nhs.uk or www.npc.co.uk.

Link to registration form:
http://www.npc.co.uk/pdf/Information%20Mastery%20Registration%20Form.pdf

Link to learning outcomes:
http://www.npc.co.uk/pdf/Aims%20&%20Learning%20outcomes.pdf

Thanks again

Jonathan Underhill MRPharmS
Assistant Director, Education and Development
National Prescribing Centre
The Infirmary
70 Pembroke Place
Liverpool