-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Evidence based health (EBH) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Per conto di Mick Arber
Inviato: giovedě 28 ottobre 2004 18.25
A: [log in to unmask]
Oggetto: Re: Study design filters for therapy observational studies

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I have taken a look at these before, but I'm not sure how well they would work to retrieve therapy papers, as oppose to etiology or prognosis.  What do you think?

There is a therapy filter on PubMed, but it doesn't seem designed to retrieve observational studies (or all cohort / case-control / case-series).

Dear Mike,

for your task I use (the strategy is not validated, but work)

myocardial infarction [mh] AND

aspirin/therapeutic use [mh] AND

cohort studies[MeSH] OR (cohort[Tw] AND stud* [tw]) NOT randomized controlled trial [pt] NOT letter [pt] NOT editorial [pt] NOT comment [pt]

Bests