Thanks Mark, I'll have a go
BOb

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Burton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 19 October 2004 16:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Fwd: FW: Draft Mental Health Bill 2004 & related documents
[Scanned - NHC]] [Scanned By NHC]

Bob - this is the 'listserve' that people were talking about - I think you
are on it already, but to send mail to all recipients you simply email to
this address:
Mark

Subject: FW: Draft Mental Health Bill 2004 & related documents  [Scanned -
NHC] From:    "Diamond Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:    Tue, October 19, 2004 2:57 pm
To:      "Mark Burton" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Mark
It was good to see you at Exeter. Here are the most recent documents re:
the draft MH Bill There have been few major changes from the previous
draft and most of the concerns of the MH Alliance and MIND have not been
addressed. I think it was suggested at the Exeter conference that some of
this information could be circulated around to others linked with
community psychology, is this possible with the info I've provided or do
you require it in some other format?

- The profession of Clinical Psychologists remain included as possible
Clinical Supervisors (a term to replace the current Resonsible Medical
Officer) - The Div. of Clinical Psychology, representaing the BPS consider
the draft remains fundamentally flawed but retain the position that it is
better to be involved with negotiations rather than excluded from them.
The BPS submitted their current response to the draft this week and will
be call to give evidence to the select committee in NOvemebr. - The draft
is replete with undertones of a need to protect the public, hence safety
first rather than  MH Bill that is supposed to be based on assessment of
need. - I personally have many concerns with the current draft, many of
these are related to the concerns raised by both the MH Alliance and MIND.
These concerns can be viewed on the following websites.

--
From Mark Burton
Manchester UK

For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator at [log in to unmask]