On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 02:07:48PM +0100 or thereabouts, Fraser Speirs wrote:

> Therefore, some questions:
>
> 0. Has anyone else had similar results, or am I doing something
> fundamentally wrong?

I've had similar problems with older e1000 cards.
> 1. Am I naive to expect this to work out of the box?
> 2. Did the tender document say anything about 7.3 compatibility?
It was vague, it was thought that this was too strong a requirement
at the time.
> 4. What's the next step?
I expect that 7.3 will work with the latest 7.3 Fedora legacy kernel
or even the latest Redhat 7.3 kernel, it is 2.4.20 instead of the default
install kernel of 2.4.16.

So two paths forward.

1) Install from a CD and then get the fedora legacy kernel on
   the host somehow using a memstick or something.
2) The LCFG boot disk is a new 2.4.20 so hopefully LCFG installing
   these hosts stands a chance.

  Steve

--
Steve Traylen