From: Dave Postles
Subject: the market place

If I may, I'd like to bring to wider attention a publication by the Friends of the Centre for English Local History which is a registered charity: _The Market Place and the Place of the Market_ (Leicester, 2004) 102 + iv pp.  It comprises the following:

Contents                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              pp.

Introduction by Sylvia Pinches                                       iii-iv

1 Graham Jones, 'The market place: form, location and
antecedents'                                                    1-27

2 Christopher Dyer, 'Markets and consumers in the later
middle ages'                                                                29-33

3 Jane Laughton, 'Catesby Priory as consumer in the first half
   of the fifteenth century'                                   35-43

4  Dave Postles, 'Reconstituting the early-modern market place' 45-56

5  Alan Everitt, 'Markets: my experience'                       57-65

6 Andrew Hann, 'Modernity and the Marketplace'                 67-88

7  Anne Pegg and Mandy DeBelin, 'Horse trading'

        Anne Pegg, 'The Rothwell Horse Fair'                    89-96

        Mandy DeBelin, 'Fair hoss for sale'               97-102

The price is £6 (incl. UK p. + p.).  It may be ordered through our web shop at:

http://www.le.ac.uk/elh/pot/Stage/index.html

where the details will appear soon.

Thanks.

to: [log in to unmask]