> Today (23. September) is the feast day of:
>
> Guy of Durnes (d. c. 1157)  Guy became a Cistercian at Clairvaux,
> where he was one of B. of Clairvaux' favorite disciples.  He went on
> to be the founding abbot of Cherlieu.

Not exactly. The house of Augustinian Canons of Cherlieu was founded in
1127. A few years later they seem to have decided to "reform" as a
Cistercian monastery, and Guy was sent from Clairvaux in 1131 to take over
as abbot while the former superior, Germanus, was retained as prior. Guy was
an expert in church music and liturgy. (see Gallia Christiana, Vol. 15, col.
252ff.)

I hadn't realised Guy was a Saint - or is he "just" a Blessed or a Venerable
?

Brenda.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]