Marjorie's typo recalled to mind the hilarity that ensued when a student
on the dig at St Jean-des-Vignes, Soissons, discovered that when written
in capital letters, SOISSONS upside down spelled (sort of) "SNOSSIOS";
which in turn led to the students constructing a whole pseudo-foundation
legend of the founding of that city by refugees from some destroyed
ancient Hellenic polis...
well, it was awfully funny at the time!
TGD

medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
culture

Soissons indeed. I meant to alter what I cut and pasted, but forgot.
MG

Marjorie Greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There is some evidence that the body was taken to Soissous in France
in the
year 826, but probably only some large relic is meant."

Soissons, i should think.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

Get your name as your email address.