Carol

I have never come across such bequests but what it does remind me of is the pre Reformation bequests to the high alter, and equally to the local friars of various sorts, plus those to the poor, which later died out. So possibly this place had a particularly well liked lord of the manor or for some reason the tradition of small bequests moved itself post Reformation to that family. Personally I would have thought the former is most likely ... another motive might relate to the manorial court - is there any correspondence between the donations and people not being charged heriots etc in the manor court ???

Lyn B