**Apologies for cross-posting**

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/community

A website created for anyone with a love for heritage...

261 parishes, 1 website.

You may be interested to visit Wiltshire Library and Information Service's "Community History" website.  Developed in-house by librarians, led by Local Studies Librarian Michael Marshman, this popular site is planned to develop further over the next few years.

All 261 parishes in Wiltshire have basic information included, such as population figures and maps, with 44 communities including our larger towns, having full entries including a "thumbnail history" and detailed information about schools, churches, local authors, and with images both historical and current.  We aim to add full information for all 261 communities across the next few years.  Part of this work will include the digitization of many texts, making them freely available on the site.

The site is well used by the public, with questions and visitors from all over the world, and has been well received by many local schools.

A simple database structure allows searchable archives of frequently asked questions, as well as quick access to images and a range of information.

The website has been developed entirely by the Library Service, with help from the web team at Wiltshire County Council.  We'd love you to take a look!

--

Chris Moore

Head of Learning Services : Library and Information Service

Corporate and Library Services Department

Wiltshire County Council

t: 01225 757517

f: 01225 713993

e: [log in to unmask]