On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 11:17:00PM -0700, John A. Kunze wrote:
> A second question would be what effort is involved in making it index ERCs?
> I suppose these questions are in themselves "evaluations" of how good a
> job the draft specification is doing.

I've updated amberfish and it now indexes records in ERC format.  If
you have any interest in experimenting with this, please let me know
off the list and I will make sure you get the right version.  The
basic command for indexing is:

af -iC -d ERC -t erc --split 'erc:' --phrase ERCsamples.txt
(The --split is not ideal but will probably do for now.)

For searching:

af -s -d ERC -Q 'who/dorothea & who/lange'
(searching in "who")

af -s -d ERC -Q 'dorothea & lange'
(searching full text)

af -s -d ERC -Q 'who/"dorothea lange"'
(phrase search in "who")

Use "af --fetch" to retrieve a record, etc.  See "man af" and the
tutorial for documentation...

Nassib