Hi Palle
I would like to suggest an item about government taxonomies/controlled vocabularies. This is certainly a topic that has huge interest in Europe at the moment.  It was one of the themes at the Zaragoza CEN workshop last week. It would be useful to know what others are doing and what issues they have had to deal with. Issues we are dealing with are:
- coping with multiple vocabulary lists
- multi lingual aspects
- mapping and merging taxonomies
-maintenance/governance

 If there is time and/or interest, I would appreciate an opportunity to give you an update on the latest developments re the UK government's eGovernment Metadata Standard (eGMS). We are doing a lot of work on the technical issues and are looking to remodel the eGMS. This might be of interest to colleagues and I would certainly like to get feedback from you. I can send some documentation nearer the time.

Look forward to meeting you all in Shanghai
Colette

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Colette Coles
Interoperability Policy Advisor
e-Government Unit
t:  020 7276 3091
m: 07769 671 443

Palle Aagaard <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Dublin Core Element Set government and public sector resource <[log in to unmask]>

26/08/2004 10:54

cc
Subject
Items for DC-Gov session in Shanghai?

Hi,

Are the any special items for the DC-Governmant session in Shanghai YOU want
to discuss, so John Roberts can be prepared. There will of cource be
discussed status for the year 03/04 and  the workprogram for year 04/05 at
the meeting.

At out list has been discusses (see the archive for this year) the "CEN
reports" and also the item "service description". Items which then are parts
of the status. But is there anyting else. If YOU have anyting then write to
the DC-Gov mail-list

Regards

Palle

Palle Aagaard, Special advisor
National IT and Telecom Agency
Holsteinsgade 63, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø.

Visiting address:
Bredgade 40, DK-1260 Copenhagen K.

Phone +45 3545 0000
Direct  +45 3337 9267

.

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.

On entering the GSi, this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

Please see http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/notices/information/gsi-003-2002.pdf for further details.

In case of problems, please call your organisational IT helpdesk

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free