Call for Papers for a panel on

Spatial Impacts of Economic Restructuring in
Metropolitan Regions (perhaps of Developing
Countries), or

Spatial Cycles (perhaps in Developing Countries), or

Geographies of Housing (perhaps in Developing
Countries).

AAG- Association of American Geographers Annual
Meeting 2005, Denver, CO, USA, 05-09 April, 2005.

Coleagues,

I am truying to put together a panel in one of the
subjects above. I can prepare a paper on "Spatial
Impacts of Economic Restructuring in the Metropolitan
Region of Porto Alegre, Brazil", "Spatial Cycles in
the Metropolitan Region of Porto Alegre, Brazil" or
"The Geography of Housing in Brazil (1850-2004)" to
present at the annual meeting.

Depending on the other papers, we could put together a
panel on Spatial Impacts of Economic Restructuring in
Metropolitan Regions or limit this same theme to
perhaps developing countries only. Alternatively the
panel could be on Spatial Cycles or Spatial Cycles in
Developing Countries, or on Geographies of Housing or
Geographies of Housing in Developing Countries.

Could those who are working on similar issues please
write to me at [log in to unmask] so that we try to put
something coherent together?

Thanks for any possible proposal and all the best,

Joel Outtes

Prof. Dr Joel Outtes, DPhil
UFRGS-Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
Porto Alegre-RS
Brazil