Hello. Regarding Muslim prayer beads, I will ask my Muslim friends when I get back from my vacation in the next few days. I have noticed in Australian mosques that they are scattered around the floor of the mosque for worshippers to pick up and use (which they do). I was surprised to see them thrown on the floor after they have been used - unlike the reverence usually associated with Catholic rosary beads. Best wishes, John Cochrane, Sydney

Discover saving: Earn 5.25% p.a variable rate with ING Direct ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html