> No, it doesn't implement Lomb-Scargle yet. I've got some Fortran lying
> around that I was going to template the Java on if I couldn't find
> something that "just did it", which is suprisingly hard in Java for this
> sort of numerical stuff... I might have to dig out my copy of NR and make
> sure my Fortran isn't based on it.

Dave recently bought a couple of numerical methods books for the
Starlink Library.

Hang Lau's "A Numerical Library in Java for Scientists and Engineers" is
a massive tome, essentially a reference book, equivalent to SUN/238
(KAPLIBS) description of the various classes and methods, but also has
uncommented code listings, some going on for many pages, and worked
examples.  It has classes for FFTs asnd some time-series analysis.

Thet code was adapted from the Dutch NUMAL library.  The introduction
mentioned comparisons with commercial libraries such as NAG and IMSL. I
see no mention of any licensing constraints.  The library is offered as
a research tool.  A CD is provided with the source code.

Malcolm