Continuing along, building 'GAIA' fails with,

  /star/bin/dtask_libtool: line 1: cd: :: No such file or directory
  dtask_libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory name of `:'
  if test -f bin/gaiaMon; then \
     rm -f bin/gaiaMon;\
  fi
  mv gaiaMon bin/gaiaMon
  mv: rename gaiaMon to bin/gaiaMon: No such file or directory
  make[1]: *** [bin/gaiaMon] Error 1
  make: [skycat2.0.cfg] Error 2 (ignored)
  for f in gaia_swish gaia_stcl gaiaMon gaiaMon.ifc ardstat.ifc autocrop.ifc
  cat2tab.ifc tab2cat.ifc asc2tab.ifc tab2asc.ifc; do \
    cp -p built/bin/${f} . ;\
  done
  cp: built/bin/gaia_swish: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/gaia_stcl: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/gaiaMon: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/gaiaMon.ifc: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/ardstat.ifc: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/autocrop.ifc: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/cat2tab.ifc: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/tab2cat.ifc: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/asc2tab.ifc: No such file or directory
  cp: built/bin/tab2asc.ifc: No such file or directory
  make: *** [skycat2.0.cfg] Error 1
  klunk{star}:

it doesn't look like gaiaMon got built at all. Anyway, I'll have a poke
around this one (and the others although they looked less whacky) at
some point over the weekend. Time to go home I think...

Cheers,
Al.