	From: Ann Lewins [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
	Sent: Tue 17/08/2004 12:12
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: date correction! ATLAS.ti introductory workshops UK: CAQDAS Networking project

	sorry ...corrected dates below!

	apologies for cross posting
	!!!! PLEASE ADDRESS YOUR REPLIES TO:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

	The next two ATLAS.ti  introductory, hands on workshops (1 day) held by the
	CAQDAS Networking Project  will be held at University of Surrey, on

	Fee discounts to students, also to academic
	and charitable sector participants,

	The 1 day introductory courses, offering discounts to students and academic
	and charitable sector participants aim to provide:-

	A.  An initial overview of most of the basic tools likely to be of use when
	ATLAS.ti is being used to assist in the processes of data management and
	analysis.

	B.  Hands on sessions which last most of the day in which the user is guided
	through the logical processes that will enable him/her to introduce data to
	the software, code the data, retrieve or navigate through coded data (whilst
	retaining contact with full source context), organise data enabling the
	searching of particular subsets of data, generate useful output in the form
	of reports which can be read in other applications -  and the early and varied
	uses of the Networking (mapping tool).

	Both version 5 and 4 .2 will be supported in the workshop

	For further information and application forms contact Ann Lewins

	regards

	Ann Lewins, Manager
	CAQDAS Networking Project
	Dept of Sociology,  University of Surrey
	GUILDFORD  GU2  7XH,  UK

	email:   [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
	OR [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
	CAQDAS web site:  http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/caqdas/ <http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/caqdas/>
	Tel +44 (0)1 483 68 94 55
	Fax +44 (0)1 483 68 95 51

	DISCUSSION GROUP qual-software :  join information etc
	see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/qual-software.html <http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/qual-software.html>
	CAQDAS NETWORKING PROJECT funded by the ESRC Research Methods Programme  to
	support the use of software in qualitative data analysis;
	co-directed by Nigel Fielding, Professor of Sociology, University of Surrey
	and Ray Lee, Professor of Social Research Methods at Royal Holloway,
	University of
	London