I direct listmembers to the on-line edition of the Catholic Encyclopedia RE: Constantine. The article seems to address many of the issues under discussion, although I must confess some of the minutiae are getting a bit, well, minute for me.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04295c.htm
And I point out to my esteemed colleagues that the creed is "Nicene," despite its origin at NiceA.
At newadvent.org, one may search for "Constantine" and reach what seem to be his speeches, writings, teachings - or perhaps someone else's reportage of same.
MG

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]