-----Original Message-----
From: The Disability-Research Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Homan
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 7:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Nine Lies of Fahrenheit 9/11; What Really Happened?
America's Broken Treaties with Native Indians

I am glad you asked Colin,

No, I do not think it appropriate. Not because I do not think that your
issues don't matter, or that raising awareness is not a valid objective;
I do.

I think it inappropriate because it implies that your priorities have
more worth and urgency than those of others. I believe that this
attitude that "my value base is more valid/ important than yours" has a
smell of arrogance and elitism about it. I believe it disrespectful of
others. Let me add that anything approaching fundamentalism scares the
hell out of me.

Respectfully, John