Hi.

1)

I have created a Mime-Dir and vCard Java API:
http://adlib.athabascau.ca/~hubick/MimeDir/

"This is a Java API binding of the IETF Mime-Dir and vCard RFC's. This
package defines implementation neutral Mime-Dir and vCard Java
interfaces (not classes) for exposing data objects corresponding to
those defined by the RFC's. The package also includes simple extensible
sample MimeDirImpl and VCardImpl implementation classes, as well as some
related utilities."

Until now, my Java LOM Binding ( http://adlib.athabascau.ca/~hubick/LOM/
) has had no implementation neutral method for exposing parsed vCard
data objects from the Entity interface (it used java.lang.Object, the
concrete class was implementation specific).  It has now been modified
to expose data conforming to the vCard Java API.

2)

My LOM Validation Service:
http://adlibx.athabascau.ca/LOMValidator/

Has had it's vCard processing fixed.  It will now correctly validate and
error on missing or incorrect N, FN, and VERSION attributes.

3)

Internally, the LOM Validator, via using my Java LOM API Implementation,
uses the vcard4j processor:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcard4j/

I have patched vcard4j to implement the vCard Java API and fix the
validation bugs, amongst others.

Under normal operation, vcard4j attempts to silently upgrade VERSION 2.1
(and unversioned) vCards to VERSION 3.0 while parsing.  This meant that
Non-VERSION 3.0 labeled vCards were not being validated for missing N or
FN attributes.

I have submitted this patch to the vcard4j project, and will work to get
it integrated into a new release.  Until then, if you want to play with
this code, you can find a patch against their CVS version at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1004751&group_id=60315&atid=493778

--
Chris Hubick
mailto:[log in to unmask]