Not pointless Adrian - very good way of minimising clinical risk and gives you a good idea of how your juniors are thinking and if they're following dept policy or not [we get the A&E card with the path results] - much more important to review care of patients discharged from A&E rather than those admitted

Cheers, Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Adrian Fogarty
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Bill Bailey
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: CRP

Slightly off your subject, Ray, but why do you check the blood results on all patients who have been discharged without follow up? Seems a pointless exercise to me; we stopped that practise years ago.

Adrian Fogarty

Ray McGlone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've noticed in recent years that juniors are adding C Reactive Protein to their "routine blood investigations".  We check the blood results on all patients who have been discharged without follow up and it is a definite trend. Predictably it doesn't seem to effect the management of cases.

Are others also finding this?

Ray McGlone
Lancaster A&E