-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Craig Ellis
Sent: 26 August 2004 11:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: UTI's, abdo pain and early pregnancy

Young woman, 6-7 weeks pregnant, no scan. presents with crampy lower abdo
pain and frequency. no dysuria, no bleeding. no fever. Urine +ve for
protein, blood, leuks and nitrates.

Would anyone scan her to confirm an IUP or would you be happy to treat the
UTI and send her home to follow-up with GP

Im reviewing a case - you can guess what happened.

From the info I have I wouldnt have. Would any of you?

Craig

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra JetStream @
http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream