Definitely! And clotting screen seems to have become routine, here at least. I teach them that blood tests seldom make the slightest difference to decision making, but they still do them (& then wait 2 hours for the result), and sometimes then ignore an important result! They are acting more & more like housemen.

Philip Belsham, Royal Free.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ray McGlone [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 August 2004 22:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CRP

I've noticed in recent years that juniors are adding C Reactive Protein to their "routine blood investigations".  We check the blood results on all patients who have been discharged without follow up and it is a definite trend. Predictably it doesn't seem to effect the management of cases.

Are others also finding this?

Ray McGlone
Lancaster A&E