On Jul 6, 2004, at 12:39 PM, Alessandra Forti wrote:

> after that you need to recompile the profiles and you should be fine

Thanks for that.  That got me as far as being able to recompile the
profile.  However, I'm now stuck at how to make the exported
directories appear on the Worker Node.

I have added the following to the profile of an example WN:

EXTRA(profile.components)       autofs
profile.version_autofs          1
EXTRA(boot.services)             autofs
boot.level_autofs               2
client.reconfig_autofs          start

EXTRA(dirperm.ents)      experiment
dirperm.path_experiment  EXPERIMENT
dirperm.owner_experiment root:root
dirperm.type_experiment  d

EXTRA(autofs.maps)        experiment
autofs.path_experiment    EXPERIMENT
autofs.options_experiment -rw,intr,noquota,nosuid,noatime

#ifdef SE_VO_ATLAS
EXTRA(autofs.map_experiment) atlas
autofs.path_experiment_atlas SE_HOSTNAME:EXPERIMENT/atlas
autofs.key_experiment_atlas  atlas
#endif

... but nothing shows up in /experiment-software on the WN.  If I mount
the SE's export manually, all is well.  It just doesn't appear
automatically, as the instructions suggested it would.

Fraser
--
Technical Coordinator  - ScotGRID
a: Room 473, Kelvin Building, University of Glasgow