Peter,

On 2004 Jul 14 , at 19.35, Peter W. Draper wrote:

> The Solaris f77 will preprocess, but only if the extension is .F, using
> .fpp is seen as an error. So I'm attempting to get configure to use the
> Solaris fpp command directly (in fact I think it discovered that this
> what is should probably be using itself), but it always says (after
> rejecting f77 as a possible fpp):

I think this is related to the problem Toby White ([log in to unmask] of a
message a couple of days ago) was having, in struggling with the
fortran.m4 macros -- some compilers seem to have ferociously fixed
ideas about what files are called.

I think you'll need to leave this one with me. I'll work through Toby's
modifications to fortran.m4 and see if I can find any enlightenment.

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk