On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Norman Gray wrote:

> Also, what does #cpu(i386) mean?  #cpu isn't a directive.  I think this
> is just a hopelessly garbled line.  What's it supposed to mean?

You're right, it's nonsense, thanks for putting a picosecond's worth
of thought into it which is more than I did.  I've now replaced it
by

   #if defined(__GNUC__) && defined(__i386__)

which ought to resolve to true under GNU/Linux/i386 and false otherwise;
this appears to be the effect that Peter had in mind according to the
comments in that file.

Mark

--
Mark Taylor    Starlink Programmer     Physics,  Bristol University, UK
[log in to unmask] +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/