From: Campbell, Chris (CCM) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 July 2004 11:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: default retention requirements

I am reviewing retention management in the British Council and am
considering simplifying things. I am proposing a default of something
like 2 or 3 years for everything except clear exceptions
(contracts/legal/h&S/personnel/known historical classes etc). The aim is
to simplify things for the users - who are strangely reluctant to
embrace the subject of records and archives management to the level that
myself and the users of this list have :-)

Has anyone considered the same? What is the minimum number of retention
rules one can safely impose?

Chris

they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the originator of the message.

states them to be the views of the Borough of Telford & Wrekin

The content of this email has been automatically checked in
conjunction with the relevant policies of the Borough of Telford &
Wrekin.