Dear Peter, congratulations on this initiative - and more power to your elbow! One suggestion: add a link to the DoH Circulars On the Internet (COIN) database, via the DoH/NHS website. And preferably to circular HSC 1998/053 which is the DoH records management guidance. Also, you may wish to have a chat with the DoH Departmental Records Officer (DRO) in Premier Buildings, Brunswick Streeet, Nelson, Lancashire - which is a short drive from your site. Best regards, Mike Marsh (ex.DoH DRO).

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 8 July, 2004 0:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Gen. and (E-)educational resource for RM community

Dear All,

Greetings from Bolton, UK. I work in the NHS - community mental health for older people and noting recent posts on this list, wondered if the website below may be of interest to the RM community?

'h2cm' is a health and social care model, that also has much wider and universal applications, developed in the UK by Brian E Hodges:

Hodges' Health Career - Care Domains - Model [h2cm].

http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/

h2cm can help map health, social care and other issues, problems AND solutions, taking a situated and multi-contextual view across four knowledge domains:

* Interpersonal;
* Sociological;
* Empirical;
* Political (Autonomy).

I am revising our links currently, creating four pages - one per care domain.

For example, the new draft Political domain links:

Democracy & Law, Community & Health Informatics, Citizenry -

http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/linksIV.htm

- and Interpersonal links:

http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/links.htm

which includes accessibility, human-computer interface, education, e-learning and study skills.

There are many nooks and crannies to explore, which are currently under review.

Thank you for your time & consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Jones
Team Leader & h2cm webmaster
Community Mental Health Services for Older People
Beechurst Unit
Chorley Hospital
Chorley
Lancashire