I would have to stand by my comment in the previous thread and
respectfully disagree with the advice of Alex from the FOI Procedural
Policy Team.

I believe he has asked himself the wrong question.

I cannot disagree with the proposition that the means by which a request
is received is insignificant. But the real question, for this issue,  in s1
(1) is not "what was the means"  who was the request made TO ...

To interpret it in this way is bizarre. I previously gave the example of a
flyposter.

How about this: Disgruntled citizen stands on his soapbox at Hyde park
corner and bellows through his megaphone "I Fred Bloogs of xxx want to
know what the council is doing about all this rubbish" and is overheard by
a council worker mending a broken street lamp. This is an environmental
information request and does not have to be in writing. By the logic of
the response it needs to be dealt with as an EIR request.

We would also have to stop reading newspapers - they often have letter
columns where questions are raised !