Jim
The fact that the request for information goes via the discussion list is
to my mind no different from me asking my butler to undertake the request
on my behalf.
Richard

                      Jim Whitaker
                      <J.S.M.Whitaker@J        To:       Richard Childs <[log in to unmask]>
                      SMW.ORG.UK>              cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: FoI Requests for information and e-mail
                      08/07/04 15:11            discussion lists

Richard

Where did your understanding come from?  I believe that this is not the
case.  The original request was not sent to the recipient, it was sent to
the list.

In addition to common sense (OK I do agree this is FoI) most addresses on
the list will be personal ones, not [log in to unmask]  See the
arguments around the Electronic Marketing Regulations for what is a
personal address and what is not.

Regards

Jim Whitaker

. . .