From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Murray Maitland
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Apology for DPT

Rege and others:

I’m not surprised that some people relish the professional changes that come with an entry level DPT and other are more cautious (or downright antagonistic). The entire perspective of that thing that is a DPT varies so remarkably between people.

Some people expect expertise, and others an entry-level degree. Some people expect change and others the status quo.

For example, David W. Perry wrote:

When moving to post bac iniatially, what was seen was that programs had already greatly expanded beyond the minimum course requirement, and were really functioning at the Masters level already. Could that also be the case now with DPT?

My interpretation of this is that the BPT = MPT = DPT. So the companies that offer me a DPT based on some minimal course work expectation fit this model nicely. Is this the correct interpretation? Is this a reasonable expectation of an increment in titles?

Murray

Murray E. Maitland PhD PT

University of South Florida

School of Physical Therapy