John:

Aren't physios in the UK now permitted to prescribe drugs?

Dr. Douglas M. White
  -----Original Message-----
  From: - for physiotherapists in education and practice
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of John Willenbruch
  Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 7:40 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: [PHYSIO] DPT inquest

  Hi all,

  Sorry to change the topic slightly.  Why are the USA PTs concentrating so
much on imaging and pharmacology with new qualifications when it is clear
that MDs have that field covered and it has worked for years that we refer
back if we need further investigation etc.

  Wouldn't it be far more prudent to give physios further training in
counselling and other psychology related areas given the evidence of Wadell
etc that so much of LBP (the majority of musculoskeletal work) relates to
this rather than the physical aspect?

  Just a thought,

  John