Hello DAvid,

here is a review of the text book if that is of any help. don't know
anything about it myself. You could look up the reviewer on the web

      Reviewer:  Edward M. Heath, PhD(Utah State University College of
Education)

undergraduate exercise physiology textbooks. The authors have updated the
information and references and added a number of new figures, but have kept
the same format that has made previous editions so appealing to students.
The second edition was published in 1999.

      Purpose:  This is a comprehensive book designed for a one-semester or
year-long undergraduate exercise physiology course. The authors are careful
not to overwhelm students with too much information and have designed the
book to keep it interesting.

      Audience:  The book is predominantly targeted at undergraduate
students in exercise science, but it could also be an excellent resource for
those working in all aspects of the exercise and wellness field. The authors
are unquestionably two of the most respected exercise physiologists and
their collective contributions to the field are incalculable.

      Features:  All of the basic areas of exercise physiology are covered
and the authors have done an exceptional job of making it an appealing text
for students. The colorful figures and tables are excellent and the authors
include interest boxes, key points, and FYI boxes. In addition, there is an
overview and outline at the beginning of each chapter and key terms and
study questions at the end of each chapter. The authors have done an
exemplary job of backing up their material with appropriately referenced
research information and have incorporated practical information.

      Assessment:  This is clearly textbook leader for undergraduate
exercise physiology classes. The book has excellent ancillary materials and
the authors have concentrated their efforts to make using the book in a
class enjoyable for both professor and student. The authors have been
leaders in the field of exercise physiology for years evidenced by the
incredible number of times they cite their own work throughout the book.

      Score:  Weighted Numerical Score: 93

Cheers,  Anna.

Anna Lee. Dip Phty, MHPEd.
Principal Physiotherapist and Occupational Health Consultant
Work Ready Industrial Athlete Centre

Write to me at: [log in to unmask]    Visit me at:
www.workready.com.au

Phone: (612) 9519 7436    Mob: 0412 33 43 98
Fax:     (612) 9519 7439

Snail Mail:
Suite 3, 82 Enmore Road,
Newtown NSW 2042
Australia.

This message, including any attached files, is intended solely for the
addressee(s) named and may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it.  Please notify the sender by reply email
and destroy the original message. Thank you.