Life of Saint Serf and Office of Saint Serf in "Pinkerton's Lives of the Scottish Saints revised and enlarged by W.M. Metcalfe", vol. 2, Paisley, 1889, p. 117-130.

There's another Saint Servan, whose story is shortly preserved in the Breton "Chanson d'Aiquin", a poem in French, rewritten at the end of the 14th century by a cleric of Alet (Saint-Servan) : said to be the cousin of Jesus (that's coming from life of Saint Servais), this 3rd Saint Servan has been travelling in Egypt, there prisoner of an emir, miraculously liberated, sailing to Rome, there condamned to death by king Adace (who is it ?), escaped, sailing to Ascalon, there decapited by order of king Herod (which one) and his head given as a present to king of Rome.

If some of my distinguished colleagues of the present mailing-list could help me to find the melting sources of such an incredible story, I will be very obliged to her or him.

ANDRE-YVES BOURGES