From: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture on behalf of Megan McLaughlin
Sent: Thu 2004-07-22 17:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Seeking an Exemplum

Hi All.  I am trying to track down an exemplum in which a noblewoman
invites a Dominican to preach in her chapel.  His sermon dwells on the
wickedness of women and she finally stands up and tells him to stop
denigrating her sex.  The reference I have is to Etienne de Bourbon, but
the page number is wrong, and I have not been able to find it just by
leafing through the book.  Does the story ring a bell with anyone?  Thanks
for any help you can provide.
Best,
Megan McLaughlin
Associate Professor of History and Women's Studies
Department of History, 309 Gregory Hall
810 South Wright Street
Urbana, Illinois  61801  U.S.A.
Phone:  217-244-2084