Greetings, all.

While reading Geoffrey of Vinsauf's Poetria Nova, I've come across an
example he uses for personification, which is the "complaint of the holy
cross". I am familiar with the image from the Anglo-Saxon poem Dream of the
Rood, but I am unfamiliar with other versions, or its actual source. Could
anyone suggest where I might find more information on the complaining cross?

Much appreciated.
cheers
Amy

Amy Airhart