I've just received this message and wonder whether anyone on the list has
relevant experience. This looks like a fertile area for co-ordinated curriculum
development:

I wonder if I could ask for your help.

My school is in the throws of bidding for College status (Business &
Enterprise) with Business Studies, ICT and Maths being the leading
subjects.

We want to do some collaborative work between the 3 departments at both
Key Stage 3 and 4. At present, we do quite a lot of maths/ICT work at
KS3 but would like to expand our collaboration at KS4.

The school has a huge diversity of students (34 different home
languages) and we also have a high turnover of students (over 10% since
September 2003).

We have thought about courses such as GCSE BIS/ICT, GCSE Statistics,
Entry Level GNVQ(BTEC) for BIS/ICT.

Anyone been in a similar situation and can offer some advice? All
ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply on or off-list (depending on whether the answer is of general
interest or not).
Nancy Wall
EBEA