I have had no problem with the following:

For example, I have manuals for which I have the following:
VRS Employer Manual Has Part Chapter 1, VRS Employer Manual
VRS Employer Manual HasPart Chapter 2, VRS Employer Manual
etc.
and then
Chapter 1, VRS Employer Manual IsPartOf VRS Employer Manual
Chapter 2, VRS Employer Manual IsPartOf VRS Employer Manual

It gets fuzzy though, when I have a resource that is not an actual part of the parent resource.
So, I am understanding you to be saying that even if the attached item is not an excerpt of something else (IsPartOf another resource) or an actual portion of the parent resource, it can still be HasPart. Is this correct?

I had not even thought of including both References and HasPart.
Unfortunately, some of these items are not in the public domain.
I hope to eventually gain enough trust from the Director and
some of the other executives that I can obtain the originals that are included in these items.

Thanks for your reply.

Kelly Ann Green
KMS Content Analyst
Virginia Retirement System