From: Adam Osbaldeston [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 July 2004 12:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Charging for searches

At Newport, we charge the bargain price of £56... (worked out as an hour of
officers time plus the admin etc etc)..
For us, searches generally involve analysis of our GIS records (hist
maps/photogs etc) and a look at any departmental files for the site..
We seem to be getting more and more searches recently..  especially since
certain companies now mention things such as 'Certificates of
Non-Contamination' !! Something which I am not prepared to issue, and
something which I feel does not explain the complexity of the situation to
their clients, but leaves them rather confused..

Adam Osbaldeston (Scientific Officer)
Public Protection and Environmental Services
Newport City Council
Civic Centre
Newport
NP20 4UR
tel: 01633 232405
fax: 01633 232425
Mob: 07812 982954

>>> Jonathan Parr <[log in to unmask]> 15/07/04 >>>

Dear all

We at Blackpool do not currently charge for searches from members of the
public but I have just been asked to draft a report on it and suggest a
reasonable fee.  Obviously it would help if I knew what my colleagues
charged for similar searches, so I was wondering; could you let me know what
you charge?

Regards

Jonathon Parr
Public Protection Officer (Contaminated Land)
Blackpool Borough Council
(01253) 478318

Email Disclaimer is:
http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/democracy/corpdocs/EmailDisclaimer.htm

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange
as part of the Council's e-mail and internet policy.

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. The copyright in all documentation is
the property of the Borough of Poole and this email and any documentation
must not be copied or used other than as strictly necessary for the purpose
of this email without prior written consent which may be subject to
conditions. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the 'Borough of Poole' or any of
its individual departments. Whilst the council does not pro-actively monitor
electronic mail, it reserves the right to inspect outgoing emails from the
council system. If you have received this Email in error please contact the
sender by return and confirm that its contents have been destroyed.
Telephone enquiries should be directed to the Borough switchboard
on 01202 633633.