In my neck of the woods, "discalced" means "wearing sandals, not shoes." What's it like in other necks of other woods?
MG

-- Bill East <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

--- Christopher Crockett <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
> culture
>
> Bill East <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > The reformed or Discalced (barefoot) Carmelites

> not as easy as just looking at their footwear --or lack of same.

If only it were that simple, Crockers. But, in practice, they both wear
shoes. The Poor Clares however really do go barefoot, at least inside
the monastery, something I have often noticed when saying Mass for
them; but even they seem to put their shoes on when they go out.>

Bill.

=====

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]