Should there be an AST usage section on the AST web page?
Somewhere where DS9 is listed (along with Starlink software obviously).
I say this because I had not realised that the Ximage tool used AST:

 http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xanadu/ximage/

as I found on google:

 http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xanadu/ximage/ximrel420.html

and it might be worth publicising the fact that Starlink are not the only
users.

PS Does anyone know anything about PDL linux? Bizarrely

 http://buildlogs.pld-linux.org/index.php?idx=7&ok=1&ns=0&cnt=16&action=qa

indicates that there are loads of starlink libraries in it. It seems to be
Polish and a quick search on rpm.pbone.net shows you all the starlink
RPMs. I haven't found which application they are building that requires
these RPMs but it might be worth talking to the maintainer.

--
Tim Jenness
JAC software